LA HIDTA Training Courses Offered
Are you a part of the 90%? According to a survey conducted by LexisNexis, only 10% of law enforcement officials surveyed said they had received training on how to use social media for investigations. As the world embraces social media, law enforcement has a large technology gap to overcome.
You can take the first step in overcoming this gap, by registering for Facebook 101: An Investigators Guide to Facebook and Instagram. Facebook has over 1.1 billion users making it the largest social networking site in the world.
- The basics of Facebook
- Searching for individuals with the Facebook Graph
- How to find criminal Facebook Groups
- Fraud schemes committed through Facebook
- How to overcome private profiles
- Instagram Basics
- Instagram tools for investigations
- Subpoenas and Search Warrants
- Facebook interaction with law enforcement
- How to avoid the pitfalls of fake profiles
- Personal security on Facebook and Instagram
In 2012, the NYPD brought down a murderous drug gang operating in the Bronx by utilizing the gangs' postings on Facebook. What can Facebook do for your case? Facebook 101 will show you how!
Facebook has updated their site significantly since our last class. Come see what has changed and how you can use Facebook to your investigative advantage in 2015.
Be sure to download the course assets on the left side of the page. You will have the option to follow the information gathering via the Facebook for Law Enforcement Workbook.
To Register and Start Watching Click Here!